Spring Intern at SheFinds Media in New York, NY
SheFinds Media is a network of websites that help women shop online. We are a well funded, growing company backed by a progressive venture capital firm. Our management team is small but very experienced - this is a great place to learn from professionals who have worked at major companies like Martha Stewart, Conde Nast, Hearst, CBS, AOL and Ask.com (IAC). Now is an exciting time to join the team as we are looking for fresh ideas and enthusiasm as we ramp up our editorial offering.
SheFinds Media is seeking a super smart and stylish spring semester intern for fashion and beauty site SheFinds.com.
SheFinds.com, a major shopping site about fashion and beauty, needs an intern to help with researching, writing,editing and general website maintenance. This is a for-credit position in Manhattan that starts ASAP, for someone to be available in the office at least 2 to 3 times a week, if not more.
You will work from assignment and also from your own reporting on you own finds (i.e. the latest boot, the dress Kate Moss wore to a premiere, the best push-up bra, etc.). You'll support the editors in marketing efforts and general website production. Our work style is collaborative and open: we reward initiative and are always looking to give our employees additional responsibility/exposure. We have many media partners and are well regarded by top fashion/beauty brands.
The ideal candidate is a college student with strong writing skills and a keen interest in wearable fashion.
* Experience in fashion writing/editing/blogging or online-publishing
* Knowledge of online/Web media is essential
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
* Availability of at least two to three days a week
* Ability to turn around tight, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
HTML and Photoshop skills are pluses
• We work full days but have flexible “in office” time- no Mondays and 11:30AM-6PM Tuesday-Friday.
IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE ITEMS BELOW IN YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
1. A write-up that would work on the blog about a fashion or beauty trend you've seen. We're very picky so give us your best insight and wit. Don't be afraid to rant or rave about the trend you've spotted, and share any personal anecdotes. Also include an arresting headline.
2. Your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person for this job.
3. A list of your favorite relevant websites.
4. A list of your favorite TV shows/magazines
5. Your desired salary.
6. Your availability - (at least two to three days a week).
No phone calls. If you've followed all the instructions above and we think you may be a fit we will contact you.