Systems Engineer - DevOps at Sharethrough in San Francisco, CA
We're hiring for a range of engineering roles and responsibilities!
Check out the complete list at http://www.sharethrough.com/engineering
Sharethrough is looking for engineers with a strong passion for ops to own our application and big data infrastructures. As an early member of the team, you will define how Sharethrough operates at scale - creating the tooling and systems that facilitate rapidly iterating and experimenting with new infrastructures. But we're not just going to hand you a pager, a directory of bash scripts and a Graphite login. You will be a key member of the engineering team where everyone takes part in ops. Your role will be to help us build and scale our infrastructure and applications. We need big picture thinkers who are always thinking about ways to get production quality code from engineering to customers as quickly as possible.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with engineering to design new production systems
- Automating provisioning, configuration and deployment
- Capacity planning and performance tuning
- Evaluating and creating tools to scale our development and deployment process
Right in Your Wheelhouse
- Cloud-based provisioning and configuration with AWS, RackSpace or another provider
- Configuration tools like Chef, Puppet or CFEngine
- Operating a large-scale Internet presence
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Experience with Ruby, Python, Java or Scala
It Would Be Cool if You Had Experience With
- Big data processing systems and infrastructure - Hadoop, Storm, Scalding, Azkaban, Hive, etc.
- Systems and application level reporting, monitoring and alerting with statsd, Graphite or Nagios
- Familiarity with build tools (e.g. Maven) and building a continuous deployment pipeline
- Tuning JVM-based applications
We are a technology company leading the charge towards a post-advertising era. We're working with brands like Mercedes and Old Spice to create a monetization platform using our suite of non-interruptive and choice-based products. Located within walking distance to the Ferry Building and voted one of the "2011 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area,” we’re a revenue-positive startup invested heavily in engineering.
Can you speak Ruby on Rails, Scala or Hadoop? Are you comfortable optimizing 100-instance Elastic MapReduce jobs over 10TB of data? Enjoy working in small, tight-knit teams? Were you off MongoDB before it was cool? If so, come join our amazing group of collaborative, friendly people solving complex problems at a massive scale.
- Competitive salary, stock options and a 401K
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter program
- Catered lunches
- Unlimited drinks & snacks
- Happy hours, rock climbing and other fun stuff!