Software Engineer - Los Angeles at SGN in Beverly Hills, CA
SGN is looking for a smart engineer, with some game development experience, that thrives in an agile environment. This is a lean company where each and every project moves the needle. Our right fit is someone who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, gaming, and takes ownership and pride in the work that they do.
- Write server-side and front-end code for web and mobile applications.
- Create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes.
- Build our platforms, systems and networking infrastructure.
- Work with relational and nosql databases.
- Develop for specialist domains: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, game platform library/service development with Unity3D, Adobe Air, SmartFoxServer, Android, iOS, and more.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience).
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including large scale system design experience, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python with strong OO skills.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Strong backgrounds in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large scale storage systems.
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick days, customary holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage
- Catered lunches
SGN (formerly MindJolt) connects people around the world through great games. As a top developer and publisher of games on Facebook, iOS, and Android, SGN lays claim to hit titles such as Fluff Friends Rescue, Jewels of the Amazon, Bubble Atlantis, Skies of Glory, FAST, MindJolt, and Lil Flippers. To date well over 150 Million SGN games have been installed on leading mobile and social platforms, making SGN one of the largest cross-platform gaming companies in the world.
SGN represents the next generation of social game development. Through its three-prong strategy of social, mobile, and web games SGN reaches players wherever they choose to play. SGN is responsible for more than twelve top ten titles on the iTunes App Store and three #1 titles on the Amazon Appstore. Funded by Austin Ventures, and led by a seasoned team of internet pioneers, SGN was built through a series of acquisitions and organic growth.
SGN is based in Los Angeles, with studios in Buenos Aires and San Francisco.
SGN is an E-Verify company.