Engineers here do more than just put out fires and close tickets. They build new and amazing features, start to finish. Engineers are expected to be architects, implementers and product managers who help us figure out what to build, how to build it and then work with a small team of brilliant engineers to build it. SendGrid believes in having small teams of highly influential engineers who have the resources required to do what needs to be done.
What you’ll do
The Web Engineer is responsible for producing Web ready designs and functionality for both customer facing and internal applications. This position works with the engineering and the marketing teams to maintain and further develop our web site, landing pages, designing online and offline marketing materials and supporting graphic needs for social profiles and the corporate blog. This roll will work closely with other engineers and the marketing group on a regular basis.
What you have
• 5+ years experience in production level web design
• Strong knowledge of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
• Strong experience with app development and deployment in the cloud
• Strong experience with MVC and REST frameworks
• Strong experience with an object-oriented scripting language (PHP, Ruby, C#, etc)
• Experience with unit/functional testing and quality assurance a plus
• Experience working with Wordpress and creating plugins a plus
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic team
• Great design skills are a plus, but not required
More about you
• Self motivated, but also a team player
• Experience with agile development is a plus
• Experience with web-based internet services
• Flexibility, ability to prioritize work and manage numerous projects simultaneous
• Strong communications skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
• Willingness to learn
• Bachelor’s Degree
Benefits and Perks
At SendGrid, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; choice of medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; paid holidays and 3 weeks vacation. We believe in work life balance, and we can prove it.