The Technical Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for SendGrid’s major accounts, understanding their business, acting as an internal advocate and proactively monitoring customer activity. The TAM will develop new and repeat business with existing customers. The ideal candidate will have great project management skills, excellent technical credentials, and most importantly, a friendly, consultative approach to addressing customer needs. Because SendGrid is small, nimble and fast-growing, the TAM will occasionally wear multiple hats, sometimes helping insides sales with tracking and closing new business and also acting as a Sales Engineer for more complicated sales.
What you’ll do
* Primary point of contact and relationship owner for major customers including in-depth understanding of their business models and business objectives and the critical path that email/SendGrid plays in those objectives.
* Develop, retain and grow revenues/profits with assigned clients
* Maintain strategy for each major account and lead pricing strategy
* Ensure clients pay in accordance with contract terms & on time – intervene if required
* Responsible for client communications and conflict resolution for major customers
* Review major deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
* Ensure that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner
* Communicate the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team.
* Provide regular two-way communication between the client and team, to establish strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
* Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
* Reports to the VP of Sales, providing regular input on all account activity
* Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
* Minimum 3+ years of technical account / client management experience, preferably working with email-related products. Familiarity with SMTP, DNS and API’s is a major plus.
* Background in Technical Support or Development is nice to have
* Extremely detail oriented
* Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
* High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
* Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
* 4 year degree
Benefits and Perks
At SendGrid, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; choice of medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan with a competitive company match; paid holidays and 3 weeks vacation. We believe in work life balance and we can prove it.