Senior Linux/Networking Systems Administrator at Salt Technology in San Franc...
SALT Technology, Inc. is based in San Francisco. SALT provides an elegantly simple payment infrastructure that allows financial institutions, merchants and MNOs to bring branded mobile wallets to market quickly, on any device, and with any payment type. SALT supports consumers’ evolving digital lifestyles with simple, secure, convenient payment options for consumers, and provides new revenue opportunities for the companies who serve them.
SALT is looking for an experienced Sr. Linux/Network Systems Administrator. In this role, you are primarily responsible for managing our servers running Linux and its supporting network hardware for our Credit Merchant Management and Cloud Wallet products. You will be part of the Operations team reporting to the Director, DevOps and will work closely with Development, Sales, Customer Support and Product Management team to provide line support for online operations, operations strategy, on-going sales support and operational readiness. Responsibilities would be focused on improving existing B2B administration user experiences, B2C usability and features, while supporting the deployment of our next generation SALT payment platform. As a rapidly growing company, we need someone who can keep up with our fast pace and help create innovative solutions to keep our brand as the recognized leader in the mobile payments arena.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance, and troubleshoot commercial, open source and locally developed applications.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Hardware/software configuration, management, and troubleshooting
- Technical support and general troubleshooting
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
Required Technical Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of UNIX/Linux, Postfix, BIND, Apache/Tomcat (or other Java Application Servers)
- Networking experience with Firewalls, Load Balancers, Switches, etc
- Knowledge of network protocols such as 802.1X, 802.1Q, TCP/IP, IPSEC, etc
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX/ESXi, Amazon EC2, and other "cloud" services
- Programming knowledge with Bash and/or Perl a plus
- 5 yrs professional systems maintenance experience in a UNIX environment
- Maintain and conduct activities to retain our PCI Compliance status
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with monitoring tools
- In-depth hardware configuration knowledge
Nice-to-Haves and Pluses:
- Experience managing PCI-DSS Level 1 compliance
- Experience administering Oracle
Experience with payment industry and / or financial services industry
Please apply by replying to this posting