Senior Web Developer at Roblox in San Mateo, CA
ROBLOX is a leading user-generated gaming site that makes players the architects of their own 3D worlds, drawing over one billion page views and 21 million in-game hours each month. The site is ranked #1 in the US for total engagement time within the 8-14 year old segment, and is rapidly growing in popularity amongst players aged 15+. Our vision is to become the leader in user-generated gaming for all ages, around the world. On ROBLOX, players use core building components to create elaborate online games that simulate the real world. Check out our latest news at blog.roblox.com.
About the Job:
We are the YouTube of user-generated games, the Amazon of virtual goods, and the Facebook of social gaming. Help us tear the cover off the ball.
- Own features from idea through live-on-site – for real
- Tackle complex problems in usability, scalability, and distributed systems
- Work in a sophisticated and diverse stack that includes 3D gaming clients, SQL and NoSQL databases, memcached, RabbitMQ, SOLR/Lucene, cloud and physical servers
- Project space includes gaming, user-generated content, social networking, mobile, scalability, monetization, message queuing, wide-table search, recommendations
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced agile environment, and ship code every day
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years shipping code with increasing responsibility and project complexity
- Experience supporting mission-critical applications on a large scale
- Expertise in C#, .NET, and Microsoft SQL
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles is a plus
- We welcome web generalists as well as front-end/back-end specialists
- Please apply here : http://corp.roblox.com/jobs/engineers/senior-web-developer
- To view all of our current opportunities and learn more about ROBLOX, please go to: http://corp.roblox.com/jobs
Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. ROBLOX provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits and a 401k program.