Build & Release Engineer at Roblox in San Mateo, CA
ROBLOX is a leading user-generated gaming site that makes players the architects of their own 3D worlds, drawing over one billion page views and 21 million in-game hours each month. The site is ranked #1 in the US for total engagement time within the 8-14 year old segment, and is rapidly growing in popularity amongst players aged 15+. Our vision is to become the leader in user-generated gaming for all ages, around the world. On ROBLOX, players use core building components to create elaborate online games that simulate the real world. Check out our latest news at blog.roblox.com.
About the Job:
We are seeking a top-notch Build & Release Engineer to join ROBLOX client engineering and support our desktop and mobile applications teams. This position requires a can-do attitude and excellent problem solving skills.
- Maintain and improve the automated build system and deployment tools
- Collaborate with development and quality engineers to ensure that release criteria are met and risk is minimized
- Play a significant role in our release process by delivering code from our test environment to production servers
- Provide support for application and environment configuration issues
- 2-3 years of experience as a Build & Release Engineer
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Shell / Powershell scripting, and LUA (a plus)
- Working experience with source control tools (Perforce is a must, TFS is a plus)
- Working experience with continuous integration (Teamcity, Jenkins)
- Experience with setting up distributed build systems for both PC and Mac (Incredibuild)
- Experience driving automated testing, deployment, and tools development
- Experience working in an agile development environment (JIRA, Rally)
- Experience with Visual Studio and XCode
Please apply here: http://corp.roblox.com/jobs/engineers/build-release-engineer
- Salary is negotiable based on experience and/or qualifications. ROBLOX provides a complete compensation package including stock options, health insurance benefits and a 401k program.