Spread the word
Not the right job?
Lead Node.js Developer at Rewind Me Inc. in New York, NY
Rewind.Me helps people create, manage, and benefit from a new personal asset: their digital history. We aggregate data from online services and accounts such as FourSquare, Facebook, TripIt, RunKeeper, and even NetFlix. Then we unlock the value in this data so the user benefits personally, socially, and economically. It's Quantified Self meets Facebook Timeline meets Klout Score.
We're a venture-funded startup and a member of the 2012 TechStars NYC program. Join us and you'll get to come work not only with our experienced team, but also get to be a part of the amazing TechStars experience - working in a shared space with 14 awesome startups that were picked from over 1500 program applicants. You'll get to meet and work with the best of the best in the NY tech and business community both in the office and at an endless stream of TechStars only presentations and events.
- Developed a notable Node.js based web / app server that uses MongoDB
- Demonstrated ability creating significant server based or backed systems using an object-oriented language and framework that employs an event based callback structure, e.g. Ruby on Rails, Java and Struts, C# and .Net
- Understands and has implemented fault tolerant systems and distributed processing
- Has developed the server side of a web-based, client-server application
- Understands the nuances of and has used message queue systems, e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, IBM MQ, Tibco
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of server infrastructure development
- Good working in a close team with product designers as well as other developers
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to write clean code with good embedded documentation
- Track record of delivery quality code on schedule
- Makes use of source code control
- Other programming languages, e.g. Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, C#, Objective-C
- Other database systems, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, CouchDB, Redis
- DHTML Developer