Northern California: Regional Vice President at Revolution Foods in Oakland, CA
Regional Vice President
Revolution Foods www.revolutionfoods.com launched in 2006 with the vision that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies. Our mission is to dramatically improve the food and food service experience in schools in order to reduce obesity and improve health, education and wellbeing for students in communities across the United States. Revolution Foods provides schools with a comprehensive and robust meal solution that nurtures the bodies and minds of students. Using many natural and organic products from healthy food suppliers such as Whole Foods, our meals are home-style, kid friendly, and made with care. Our more than 400 person staff is incredibly hard working and dedicated to our mission; everyone pitches in where needed to make sure the kids we serve get high-quality healthy meals delivered to their schools each day. Headquartered in Oakland, California, currently Revolution Foods serves more than 70,000 meals a day in Northern California, Southern California, Denver and the Washington D.C. area. Revolution Foods is now planning a launch into the Houston market and has plans for growth into other markets in the near future.
This position will be working out of our Northern California office, which is our largest, serving over 15,000 lunches and 20,000 meals a day to schools in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Revolution Foods is currently seeking a seasoned and dynamic Regional Vice President to lead our Northern California market. This person will need to build strong relationships with staff, school partners, local advocates, and the communities we serve. With primary responsibility for building and leading a high performing team, driving business development, and managing community relationships for this region, the Regional Vice President will also have all profit and loss responsibility for the region. Reporting directly to the COO, the Regional Vice President is responsible for growing the market as well as ensuring that the financial goals are met and the internal operations are well run. This is an exciting opportunity for a mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and savvy organizational leader to launch a high visibility market in a fast paced and growth oriented enterprise.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
School Partnerships and Business Development
- Supervise and work with the Manager of School Partnerships to lead the sales and business development efforts in the Northern California Market.
- Set sales goals for the region, in partnership with the Executive Team, especially the Vice President of School Partnerships and Customer Service.
- Build and manage the Northern California team to ensure it attains sales and partnership goals.
- Represent Revolution Foods in the public arena.
- Manage existing and cultivate new strategic partnerships critical to the success of the business. These partnerships include, but are not limited to, autonomous schools, school districts, educational partners, and healthy food companies.
- Engage and interact with policymakers and public sector entities.
- Serve as a key partner within Revolution Foods to execute national pilot programs, create testing environments and participate in key initial rollouts.
- Oversee regional financial management and performance.
- Set goals for region in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and Executive Team.
- Manage the Northern California team to ensure it attains financial management and performance goals.
- Oversee operations with support from the Chief Operating Officer and the Director of Operations.
- Understand and model a strong partnership with the Northern California Director of Operations to achieve all operational results.
- With the Director of Operations, ensure that the meals produced and delivered to schools everyday are high quality, safe and consistent with Revolution Foods standards and that all operations and logistics are running in a smooth, safe and efficient manner.
Leading and Managing the Team
- Provide dynamic and inspirational leadership to ensure a high performing team.
- Recruit, hire and supervise (directly or indirectly) all Northern California staff.
- Model the appropriate blend of leadership, incentives, motivation, inspiration and training needed to lead and grow a world-class organization.
- Oversee management of the food production, packaging, expediting, delivery, purchasing, sanitation, sales and customer service areas of the local organization, in partnership with the Director of Operations and the Manager of School Relationships.
- Demonstrated success in sales or fundraising for an entrepreneurial venture in either the private or nonprofit sector.
- Presence, personality and business skills to be a credible leader internally and externally.
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams to levels of high performance as a result of their leadership.
- Prior experience within the education reform community is highly desired; demonstrated affinity and interest in the mission of Revolution Foods through other roles or involvements required
- Solid financial and analytical skills; experience holding bottom line profit and loss responsibility, budgeting and forecasting required.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of a growing, fast paced environment where systems and processes are still being developed.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and remain solutions-oriented with limited direction
- Strong sense of self-awareness, ability to be upfront and honest and a willingness to adjust strategies and approaches when needed to achieve the highest level of results.
- BA, BS, or equivalent college degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Qualified candidates are required to submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter.
Revolution Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.