VP Engineering at Reddwerks Corporation in Austin, TX
POSITION/TITLE: VP Engineering
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
The Best Doing The Impossible Every Day. Superheroes welcome.
Are you looking to join a cutting-edge technology company full of brilliant, talented people? At Reddwerks, one person can make a big impact. We take the smartest and most passionate team-oriented people we can find and put them in an environment where they can thrive. We value innovation, teamwork, and excellence. Learn more about our team and why you should join Reddwerks.
Reddwerks is seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and a super smart VP Engineering to help continue building out, mentoring, and managing our awesome development team. You’ll be reporting to the SVP of Product, working with a spectacular team which is rated best in class. If you are looking to take a 95-person company growing 30% a year, year in and year out, to the next level, then we want to speak with you. If you are looking at building only the very best software renowned for its bulletproof quality that has been proven over and over again in some of the world's most complex facilities, then we want to speak with you. Reddwerks is a world leader in distribution science and we want to keep it that way – that's the job. You will be our partner in helping innovate on a huge convergence platform where e-commerce meets traditional distribution, and you’ll work side by side with our other very passionate company leaders.
Minimum Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. Masters or higher preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum five years in an engineering management position at the Senior Manager, Director or VP level. Minimum ten years of software engineering experience working on large-scale mission critical software projects.
Skills: Proven leadership with passion for leading e-commerce and big data technologies, object-oriented programming. ability to hire and build engineering teams and excellent people skills, both technical and non-technical, analytics.
Knowledge: Top enterprise software, object-oriented programming, large software and database implementation projects, Scrum/Agile methodologies, and OLAP-based technologies.
• Oversee our industry-leading development team, which has literally created the DMS software market, as it is known today.
• Oversee the development, deployment, optimization, maintenance, and scaling of our third generation DMS platform with the future goal of releasing our fourth generation platform in Q4/2013.
• Manage functional teams of developers and systems operations.
• Partner with product teams to improve development and product speed by helping manage our agile development processes, estimate work flow and dependencies, and provide guidance with resourcing.
• Hire and attract only the most exceptionally talented software developers in key areas to build out the development team to meet the needs of the business.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership to the engineering team: mentor junior and senior managers, work with key architects to help administer and encourage best practices, improve infrastructure and architecture.
• Provide leadership to help set team goals for performance and technical excellence.
• Ensure stable deployment, maintenance, and scalability while closely managing relationship between developers and our customers.
• Anticipate future growth needs and work with the team to address.
• Drive technical excellence and innovation in the team while continuing to hold the team to a high standard of development and foster ownership.
• Inspire the team.
Contact us now! We are ready to roll with this position ASAP.