VP Controller at Reddwerks Corporation in Austin, TX
POSITION/TITLE: VP Controller
Reddwerks develops and sells WMS, WCS, and CCS software for some of the largest users in the world, including four of the top ten retailers in the US, the largest distributor to convenience stores, and one of the largest parcel and logistics companies. Deploying Reddwerks v4.0 starts with our systematic, mathematical, and science-based analysis of customers’ needs, we call “Distribution Science.” Headquartered in Austin, TX, our software has been deployed in more than 60 high-volume distribution centers throughout North America.
Minimum Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Masters degree an asset. Required: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
Minimum Experience: 5 years of experience, public accounting in Big 4 firm. Software revenue accounting experience with a working knowledge of SOP 97-2, SOP 98-9, EITF 00-21and EITF 08-01. Must be proficient in Excel. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
Skills: Attention to detail, critical thinking, reading comprehension, active listening, speaking, writing, monitoring, programming, judgment and decision making, complex problem solving, management of financial resources & team player.
Knowledge: Accounting, Administration & Management, Law & Government, Personnel & Human Resources, Customer & Personal Service
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.