Software Engineer (Product) at Reddwerks Corporation in Austin, TX
POSITION/TITLE: Software Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
Reddwerks develops and sells WMS, WCS, and CCS software for some of the largest users in the world, including four of the top ten retailers in the US, the largest distributor to convenience stores, and one of the largest parcel and logistics companies. Deploying Reddwerks v4.0 starts with our systematic, mathematical, and science-based analysis of customers’ needs, we call “Distribution Science.” Headquartered in Austin, TX, our software has been deployed in more than 60 high-volume distribution centers throughout North America.
Minimum Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field. Masters degree an asset.
Minimum Experience: Attention to detail, critical thinking, reading comprehension, active listening, speaking, writing, monitoring, programming, judgment and decision making, complex problem solving and team player.
Java development experience
- Entire Software stack: Front and Back End
- J2EE, JMS, Hibernate, JSP, HTML, Struts/Spring, Eclipse (IDE) and Tomcat
- Proven experience meeting deadlines
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Relational databases: MySQL, SQL, Oracle, Informix)
- Customer facing skills
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Passion for coding and code quality
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to “think outside the box”
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced environment and ability to wear many hats
- Ability and flexibility to travel to customer sites nationwide
- Mission-critical software experience
- Build and maintain enterprise systems with 24/7 availability that require interfaces to ERP, CRM, WMS, or WCS solutions, performing advanced reporting, analytics, and algorithms using J2EE, JMS and Service Oriented Architecture
- Work with various database systems, using JDBC, Hibernate or similar technologies for database abstraction layering
- Work with unit testing tools that improve code testing and QA timeline, using JUnit, HttpUnit, DbUnit, and other unit testing tools.
- Travel to customer sites nationwide (possibly international) depending on phase of project