Project Manager at Reddwerks Corporation in Austin, TX
POSITION/TITLE: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Professional Services
Reddwerks develops and sells WMS, WCS, and CCS software for some of the largest users in the world, including four of the top ten retailers in the US, the largest distributor to convenience stores, and one of the largest parcel and logistics companies. Deploying Reddwerks v4.0 starts with our systematic, mathematical, and science-based analysis of customers’ needs, we call “Distribution Science.” Headquartered in Austin, TX, our software has been deployed in more than 60 high-volume distribution centers throughout North America.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree (CS/Engineering ideal). MBA is a plus.
Minimum Experience: Achievement in both academic studies and the workplace including:
- High-risk projects
- Enterprise software implementation
- Business requirements (documentation/deliverables)
- Fortune 50/500 customers
- External customer project management
- Internal team management
Skills: Challenge-oriented, adaptable, creative thinker and problem solver with interesting professional accomplishments.
- Oversees entire project lifecycle from kickoff to post mortem
- Personally creates project requirements specification, integration sequence diagrams, software development schedule, and overall project plans
- Manages project team resources, schedule, milestones, deliverables, and billable utilization
- Orchestrates proposals, change orders, and manages risk
- Prepares communication plan and related status reports in a timely manner
- Works with development, QA, and OR teams to ensure that product design, recommended workflows, reports, and data model meet customer expectations and internal needs.
- Facilitates workflow design and development design sessions.
- Manages work of subcontractors and partners
- Identifies new business opportunities at client account
- Communicates effectively with external customers and internal teams to deliver the product and meet deadlines
- Documents the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the customer
- Coordinate with the quality assurance team who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Collaborates with Sales Engineering for development of supporting materials
- Travel to customer sites nationwide (possibly international) depending on phase of project