Lab Technician at Reddwerks Corporation in Austin, TX
POSITION/TITLE: Lab Technician
DEPARTMENT: Repair Services
Reddwerks develops and sells WMS, WCS, and CCS software for some of the largest users in the world, including four of the top ten retailers in the US, the largest distributor to convenience stores, and one of the largest parcel and logistics companies. Deploying Reddwerks v4.0 starts with our systematic, mathematical, and science-based analysis of customers’ needs, we call “Distribution Science.” Headquartered in Austin, TX, our software has been deployed in more than 60 high-volume distribution centers throughout North America.
Responsible for repairing Pick to Light hardware and managing the repair process of various third-party hardware, including mobile computing equipment. Maintain an adequate inventory of lab materials and lab equipment. Ensure effective operation of all lab equipment. Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to. Assist with receiving and shipping as needed.
- Minimum Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s in technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math preferred)
- Minimum Experience: Achievement in both academic studies and the workplace. (Experience preferred)
Attention to detail, process oriented, critical thinking, troubleshooting, equipment maintenance, complex problem solving, monitoring, quality control analysis, reading, writing and teamwork. Repairing machines or systems using soldering irons. Microsoft Office. Ability to self-direct work tasks. Motivated to branch out and find problems in need of solutions. Ability to adapt and learn from mistakes.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, machinery, or equipment
- Assists other lab technicians in repair and maintenance of equipment as needed
- Inspect, operate, or test equipment to diagnose and repair malfunctions
- Initiate and manage repairs through third-party providers
- Log repair details, progress, comments, etc. using a web-based tracking tool (JIRA)
- Repair, replace, and reassemble defective equipment, using soldering irons and other tools
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems using schematic diagram
- Complete work orders, records, logs, and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures
- Troubleshoots and repair complex electrical/electronic problems where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious
- Liaise with other departments such as Sales, QA and Hardware to ensure issues have been resolved
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices. (Oscilloscope, multi-meter, soldering iron and PC)