Hardware Project Manager at Reddwerks Corporation in Austin, TX
POSITION/TITLE: Hardware Project Manager
Reddwerks develops and sells WMS, WCS, and CCS software for some of the largest users in the world, including four of the top ten retailers in the US, the largest distributor to convenience stores, and one of the largest parcel and logistics companies. Deploying Reddwerks v4.0 starts with our systematic, mathematical, and science-based analysis of customers’ needs, we call “Distribution Science.” Headquartered in Austin, TX, our software has been deployed in more than 60 high-volume distribution centers throughout North America.
Minimum Education: BSME/BSEE preferred, business degrees considered for strong candidates
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years. Achievement in both academic studies and the workplace. including:
- High-risk projects
- Enterprise software
- Business requirements (documentation/deliverables)
- Fortune 50/500 companies
- External facing projects
Skills: Challenge-oriented, detail-oriented, adaptable, creative thinker and problem solver with interesting professional accomplishments and strong verbal and written communication. Knowledge of controls hardware and scanner/camera technologies will be beneficial.
- Interface with sales and the customer to translate performance requirements and hardware application details into a project outline.
- Write proposals, work orders, statements of work, and other project artifacts.
- Create hardware project plans, including project scope, goals, tasks, resources, schedules, costs, and contingencies.
- Request hardware quotes and evaluate them on features, cost, timing, and other factors.
- Coordinate hardware ordering with procurement.
- Travel to customer facilities to participate in and oversee the installation of hardware.
- Organize time and resources in order to comply with project schedules and quality standards.
- Communicate status and project evolution between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with team, client, and vendors.
- Responsible for on-time delivery of hardware projects through proper coordination between engineering, support, procurement, vendors, and customers.
- Travel to customer sites nationwide (possibly international) depending on phase of project