Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - Mobile at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in S...
- Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We’re figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we’re growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
- Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
- As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon’s mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It’s a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
- Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
- Work within our weekly process, based on Scrum methodology, which includes setting goals, working towards completing them, keeping the team apprised of your progress, and showing off what you’ve accomplished at week’s end.
- Relish in the role of being a mobile specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our iPhone app fast, elegant and awesome.
- Build features in our iPhone app. This could include things to do with location, social networks, adding user-generated content, tying our client code to critical server-side functionality, or even building apps that take full advantage of the rich iPhone SDK API.
- Interact daily with the systems that used in professional software development: bug tracking, source control, etc.
- Demonstrated fluency in a compiled language.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
- PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code. You have opinions about the products you work on and aren't afraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong. You know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
- Proficiency in Objective-C, ideally through some commercial experience (Mac OS X and/or iPhone), a university course, or independent iPhone application development.
- Excited about working in a fast-moving, high-profile professional software development start-up. You’ll be writing code that will ship within weeks to millions of people.
Nice to Have
- You have an eye for design. You are interested in visual and/or interaction design, and maybe have even performed one of these roles in the past.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- You code for fun and have a side project or two you help out with.
- Experience integrating with third parties - through APIs or otherwise.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: