Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - Mobile at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in S...
- Our tagline says it all: People want to find trusted professionals for projects within their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
- Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
- The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
- The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
- Relish in the role of being a mobile specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our iPhone, Android, or HTML 5 app fast, elegant and awesome.
- Build features in our mobile app. This could include things to do with location, social networks, adding user-generated content, tying our client code to critical server-side functionality, or even building apps that take full advantage of the mobile APIs.
- Move fast, you'll be releasing new versions on average of once a month
- Apply your CS fundamentals to step outside mobile and interact with and work on our web product
- 3+ years building Objective-C, Android Java, or HTML 5 mobile apps through commercial experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code. You have opinions about the products you work on and aren't afraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong. You know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
- Excited about working in a fast-moving, high-profile professional software development start-up. You’ll be writing code that will ship within weeks to millions of people.
Nice to Have:
- You have an eye for design. You are interested in visual and/or interaction design, and maybe have even performed one of these roles in the past.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- You code for fun and have a side project or two you want to show us.
- Experience integrating with third parties - through APIs or otherwise.
- Ability to teach us something!
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: