Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - Backend at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in ...
- Our tagline says it all: People want to find trusted professionals for projects within their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
- Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
- The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
- The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
About the Job:
- Write code. Clean, elegant, practical, well-covered code - primarily in Python.
- Work with other people who you will learn from -- who are dedicated to improving each other's craft.
- Own your code. You wouldn't hesitate to perform production support for stuff you've built.
- Proactively fix bugs and solve problems. You die inside a little every time someone else finds a bug in your code, and work tirelessly on (occasional) time sensitive issues that crop up.
- Contribute to a service that will help millions of people solve problems & make them happy.
- Take pride in writing modular, clean, simple, maintainable, well documented, code.
- You've contributed to the back end of a database-driven website that's seen some scale.
- Excellence derived from your talent, not expertise with specific tools or technology.
- You prefer small, agile teams that push regularly. You are fine with wearing a dunce hat when you break the build. You're okay working on production systems with little or no QA support.
- Lifelong learner. Love to experiment and iterate. Energetic. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Python fluency. If you work with us, you'll mostly hack in Python. Expertise with Django or other web frameworks would be great.
- A strong foundation in computer science, information systems and/or math - MS, PhD.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis. You enjoy database schema design. You've done performance optimization
- APIs: You've built and supported your own. You've built and maintained integrations with other people's.
- Open source contributions that have been used by thousands of other developers.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain and San Francisco
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: