Spread the word
Not the right job?
Software Engineer - Backend at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in ...
- Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We’re figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we’re growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
- Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
- As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon’s mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It’s a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
- Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
About the Job:
- Write code. Clean, elegant, practical, well-covered code - primarily in Python.
- Work with other people who you will learn from -- who are dedicated to improving each other's craft.
- Own your code. You wouldn't hesitate to perform production support for stuff you've built.
- Proactively fix bugs and solve problems. You die inside a little every time someone else finds a bug in your code, and work tirelessly on (occasional) time sensitive issues that crop up.
- Contribute to a service that will help millions of people solve problems & make them happy.
- Take pride in writing modular, clean, simple, maintainable, well documented, code.
- You've contributed to the back end of a database-driven website that's seen some scale.
- Excellence derived from your talent, not expertise with specific tools or technology.
- You prefer small, agile teams that push regularly. You are fine with wearing a dunce hat when you break the build. You're okay working on production systems with little or no QA support.
- Lifelong learner. Love to experiment and iterate. Energetic. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Python fluency. If you work with us, you'll mostly hack in Python. Expertise with Django or other web frameworks would be great.
- A strong foundation in computer science, information systems and/or math - MS, PhD.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis. You enjoy database schema design. You've done performance optimization
- APIs: You've built and supported your own. You've built and maintained integrations with other people's.
- Open source contributions that have been used by thousands of other developers.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: