Spread the word
Not the right job?
Senior Software Engineer at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in San...
- Our tagline says it all: People want to find trusted professionals for projects within their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
- Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
- The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
- The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
About the Job:
- Apply technology to drive business results in a data-driven environment. Take ownership of what users see and have a strong voice in how we enhance and improve the product.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Relish in the role of being a front-end specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our front-end fast, elegant and awesome.
- Build leading edge features using social, mobile, AJAX, widgets and more.
- PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code. You have opinions about the products you work on and aren't afraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong. You know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
- Experience writing code that interacts with a large, complex back end. You have some experience working in a server side scripting language... it would be great if it was Python, but others (PHP, Java, Ruby) are also fine.
- Software Engineering discipline. We need you to understand what it means to work in a professional software engineering environment and how to work effectively with other talented team members. No cowboys or lone wolves. You take pride in checking in bug free code.
- Comfortable with compromise – you build beautiful, functional stuff, but you know that the perfect is the enemy of the good.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
Nice to Have:
- Demonstrable experience building user interfaces that render perfectly across a multitude of operating systems, browsers and mail clients. You take pride in your pixels. You routinely astonish colleagues with your detail orientation.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- You code for fun and have a side project or two you help out with.
- Experience integrating with third parties - through APIs or otherwise.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain and San Francisco
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: