Spread the word
Not the right job?
Senior Software Engineer at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in San...
Senior Software Engineer at Redbeacon, San Mateo
- Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We’re figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we’re growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
- Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50 , the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
- As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon’s mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It’s a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
- Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
About the Job:
- Apply technology to drive business results in a data-driven environment. Take ownership of what users see and have a strong voice in how we enhance and improve the product.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Relish in the role of being a front-end specialist. We will look to you to solve hard problems and make our front-end fast, elegant and awesome.
- Build leading edge features using social, mobile, AJAX, widgets and more.
- PASSIONATE about realizing great design through code. You have opinions about the products you work on and aren't afraid to defend them / be criticized / be wrong. You know how to be confident and consultative at the same time.
- Experience writing code that interacts with a large, complex back end. You have some experience working in a server side scripting language... it would be great if it was Python, but others (PHP, Java, Ruby) are also fine.
- Software Engineering discipline. We need you to understand what it means to work in a professional software engineering environment and how to work effectively with other talented team members. No cowboys or lone wolves. You take pride in checking in bug free code.
- Comfortable with compromise – you build beautiful, functional stuff, but you know that the perfect is the enemy of the good.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
Nice to Have
- Demonstrable experience building user interfaces that render perfectly across a multitude of operating systems, browsers and mail clients. You take pride in your pixels. You routinely astonish colleagues with your detail orientation.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- You code for fun and have a side project or two you help out with.
- Experience integrating with third parties - through APIs or otherwise.
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: