We're sorry, but this job has been placed on hold. See other open jobs at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot)
Not the right job?
Interaction Designer at RedBeacon (a subsidiary of The Home Depot) in San Mat...
- Our tagline says it all: People want to find trusted professionals for projects in their biggest and most precious asset: their homes. Redbeacon solves the problem by making the process easier, faster, and most importantly, guaranteed. Building products for the web, mobile, and the aisles of the America’s largest home-improvement retailer, we’ve got a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks.
- Three ex-Googlers founded Redbeacon with fanfare by landing funding with Mayfield Fund and Venrock and by winning the top prize at the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010, and 2011 Always on 250. In January 2012, The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon, a move that ensures Redbeacon’s mission will reach customers in each of The Home Depot’s 2000+ stores.
- The Redbeacon office is the kind of place where you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented and launched in the afternoon. The company environment is friendly, competitive, passionate, and hardworking — our employees represent 7 different countries, 10 U.S. states, and dozens of top-tier universities, including Princeton, Harvard, and MIT.
- The Redbeacon philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at Redbeacon includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Keep reading and see why The Home Depot acquired Redbeacon not only for its cutting-edge technology, but also for its best-of-the-Valley talent.
About the Job:
- We are looking for highly motivated and skilled interaction designers who care deeply about design, elegant interfaces and delightful user experiences.
- Help us deliver a user experience that is unparalleled among service applications.
- If you share our passion for simplicity and conviction that a software as a service application should be strikingly better than what has been the convention, this may be the place for you.
- 3+ Years of experience designing user interactions for complex, interactive web/mobile applications.
- Fluency in best practices for web/mobile information architecture and design.
- Experience using analytics and data to inform design decisions and improve products iteratively.
- Experience working closely with product managers, designers, and engineering teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects, and thriving in fast-paced, startup environments.
- Ability to rapidly visualize/prototype concepts.
- Exceptional creativity and willingness to push the boundaries of interaction design.
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results on time in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Important! Must possess an online portfolio with a range of highly interactive samples (sites, mobile apps, etc).
- Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
- Bike, skateboard and scooter friendly office space
- Fully paid monthly Clipper passes
- Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
- Great benefits: medical/vision insurance, 401(k) matching program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Restrict Stock Units (RSUs)
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Gym/wellness reimbursement
- Company match for charitable gifts
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages (keg on tap, unlimited Redbulls and espressos!)
- And much more!!!!
Take a look at what it's like to work at Redbeacon: