Program Coordinator - Colorado Springs, CO at Reading Partners in Colorado Sp...
Reading Partners launched in 2001 with the mission to expand opportunities for children in underserved communities by fostering a lifelong love of reading, developing strong literacy skills, and building the confidence and self-esteem critical to empowerment and community development. Reading Partners provides children with robust one-on-one reading support through a structured, research-based curriculum that engages students and provides basic building blocks to supplement their schoolwork. Working in partnership with teachers, schools, and community volunteers, Reading Partners has successfully established its programs nationwide. Currently, Reading Partners serves over 2,800 students in California, Washington DC, New York, Texas, and Maryland with plans for growth into other regions in the near future.
Reading Partners is currently seeking a dynamic Program Coordinator in Colorado Springs, CO. We are excited to bring our literacy intervention programs to Colorado and we are looking forward to staffing the region with talented people who can build strong relationships with schools and districts and other education organizations in the communities we serve. The Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for managing a team of 2-4 Site Coordinators, who are directly responsible for the day-to-day operations of the reading centers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in elementary education and literacy instruction for emergent and fluent readers. S/he will possess managerial skills and the ability to work collaboratively with staff and constituents of diverse backgrounds. S/he must be able to provide ongoing coaching to staff members who may have limited teaching experience but who are committed to developing a high-quality program. S/he will have experience working within school and district administrations and must be able to independently identify and troubleshoot operational challenges, develop action plans to achieve student progress, and remain accountable for program results. Most importantly, candidates must be committed to providing excellent educational opportunities for all students and must be willing to work enthusiastically toward achieving this goal.
Program Implementation and Quality Assurance
- Act as the quality assurance officer for the area, ensuring that RP programs at each school are consistent, high quality, and impactful.
- Serve as administrative liaison to school principals and district staff, ensuring strong partnerships at each program site.
- Develop individualized intervention plans for all students at each program site and act as the educational steward for those plans, monitoring progress and adapting strategies as necessary.
- Based on qualitative and quantitative student assessment data at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year, develop action plans for students to ensure maximum literacy development.
- Manage and support a team of Site Coordinators, serving as primary program staff supervisor and educational expert.
- Provide on-site support and educational guidance for each school site for the equivalent of one full day each week.
- Execute on boarding, training, and orientation process for Site Coordinators, who will likely have very basic experience in education. Training will commence 5 weeks before tutoring starts and ongoing monthly trainings during the school year.
Maximize Volunteer and Tutor Engagement Level
- Ensure that volunteers are satisfied with their involvement in RP, are well supported by Site Coordinators to ensure maximum student progress, and are enrolled efficiently to maximize the number of students served.
- Conduct and oversee the training of new volunteer tutors within the region.
- Execute regular Tutor Enrichment Trainings for volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Program Coordinator will report to the Regional Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years paid experience in elementary school education and/or reading instruction
- Demonstrated ability to manage both professional staff and volunteers
- Proven ability to provide strategic coaching and support to develop skills within others
- Proven success in preemptively and proactively identifying and addressing problems
- Proven record as an effective project manager; strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Strong sense of self-awareness, ability to be upfront and honest, and a willingness to adjust strategies and approaches when needed to achieve the highest level of results
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups and build meaningful strategic relationships
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and database management.
- Experience in producing, synthesizing, and analyzing student assessment data
- Familiarity with and experience working with literacy assessments and teaching strategies
- Experience in working with principals, teachers, and district staff to convey program success factors and challenges, as well as managing organizational relations
- Access to reliable transportation (public transportation or personal transport) to travel within a defined geographic region on a weekly basis
- Flexibility and adaptability in work schedule, including some night and weekend time
- Ability to travel to the Reading Partners regional office (as needed).
- Master’s degree in Education or related field
- Experience with reading intervention or tutoring programs
- Teaching credential
- Background in independent event planning
- Database experience
- Local candidates who are knowledgeable about and already have connections in the Local K-5 education community
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with benefits and a generous vacation/PTO schedule including flextime options. Anticipated start date is June 15.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating interest in the position, relevant experience/qualifications for the position, salary requirements, and salary history.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position will remain posted until filled. No phone inquiries.
Reading Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.