System Engineer - Senior
Pyramid Systems, Inc. (Pyramid) is a full-service IT consulting and software engineering firm operating in the government, intelligence, and commercial markets, with a focus on software and systems engineering solutions for civilian government agencies.
Pyramid differentiates our company based on IT thought leadership, responsiveness to the needs and expectations of our clients, and project delivery methods based on best practices. We deliver solutions on-time that meet or exceed client expectations.
Company highlights include:
- Successful delivery of 100+ distinct projects/TOs, ranging from fairly small consulting engagements to enterprise level IT programs requiring large interdisciplinary teams
- Broad government and commercial footprint and experience working with some of the largest government and commercial organizations, including the following cabinet level U.S. departments and major agencies: Housing and Urban Development, Agriculture, Transportation, Homeland Security, Treasury, Environmental Protection Agency, Small Business Administration, and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- SEI CMMI Maturity Level 3 Rating
- Certified ANSI-compliant Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and government cost accounting system
- Software engineering practice with a focus on J2EE/Java development/enhancement and RUP- and Agile-based software engineering
- Pyramid Process Asset Library, which houses our project artifacts, templates, process compliance documents, methodologies, and other materials used by our project teams
- PMI PMBOK based project management methodology and certified PMPs at the Program and Project Management levels of the organization
- Recognition by the Small Business Administration as their 8(a) Graduate of the Year for the Washington Metro District in 2008
- Named by USDA Food and Nutrition Services as their 2009 Small Business of the Year, in recognition of our achievements on a software engineering engagement in support of the WIC program in which we designed, developed, and deployed a web-based application for automated performance of management evaluations by FNS personnel
- Best-practices based models for IT service management (such as data center operations and hosting and help desk operations)
- Contract holder on the following GSA vehicles: Schedule 70, Alliant Small Business, and MOBIS
- Holder for Microsoft Silver Competency in Content Management
- Business partner standing with Oracle, Microsoft, ARCHIBUS, and ESRI
- CAFM/ARCHIBUS practice with customers such as FAA, IRS, and HUD
Pyramid is a woman-owned small disadvantaged business enterprise. In the 2012 calendar year, revenues were approximately $24.5 million, of which 95%+ was derived from government contracting activity, primarily software engineering services supporting the business objectives of federal departments and agencies. Our workforce of more than 120 professionals is located in Fairfax, VA, as well as various government locations where work is performed on-site. We have consistently received the following ratings:
- Customer rated contractor performance: "Outstanding"
- Dun & Bradstreet rating: "Exceeds Expectations”
As a $24.5 million, 120+ person small business enterprise, we have sufficient bench strength and organizational depth to undertake and successfully complete the most complex IT projects for our customers.
Description of Work
Overall Assignment Description:
- Functions as the advisor to the Government Technical Point of Contact (POC) and the Program Office
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to the Government POC on programmatic matters related to life cycle engineering
- Provide internal Program Office support with assessing system, program, and product development across the program(s) lifecycle.
- Review all developer products and artifacts and provide feedback.
- Review all standards and policy changes and assess for impact
- Attend and participate in Engineering Review Boards (ERB) and Integrated Product Teams (IPT)
- Support requirements management and traceability activities, including allocation and coordination across dependent programs of record.
- Facilitate requirements elicitation and negotiation efforts. Support requirements verification and validation activities.
- Coordinate all ASP/ISP, including the NOW. Actively engage with the ISP PMOs in terms of planning for anticipated technology improvements, upgrades, roadmaps, and schedules.
- Identify, track, and manage schedule and technical risks
- Provide information for updates to the annual Intelligence Capability Baseline Description (ICBD), the Independent Lifecycle Cost Estimate (I-LCCE), and the OMB-300 Exhibits for Client's programs.
- Assist with the development of briefing documents for the Target, ERBs, IPTs, MTRB, AMB, etc.
- Customer-service and goal oriented
- Excellent oral, written, and electronic communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Ability to identify technical issues and communicate impacts to the Government points of contact
- Project management experience in terms of cost, schedule, performance, and risk
- Experience in information technology requirements development and Government acceptance testing
Required minimum of 10 years of experience with Intelligence Community or DoD systems architecture and engineering
Required Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Desired understanding of the NGA Mission and Acquisition Process
Desired knowledge of legacy systems
Desired understanding of NGA requirements and engineering process
Work to be performed requires a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) (TS/SI).
Pyramid Systems is committed to providing a total rewards package that enables our organization to retain and motivate highly skilled, talented, and experienced employees while attracting and hiring new highly skilled and talented employees. A total rewards plan includes an effective and efficient pay administration program, comprehensive benefits and work-life programs, an exciting and stimulating working experience, and an environment that supports personal and career development.
HEALTH BENEFIT PROGRAM
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
LIFE INSURANCE PROGRAM
ATTRACTIVE PAID TIME OFF PROGRAM
401K RETIREMENT PROGRAM
RETAIL DISCOUNT PROGRAM
PAY ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM