QA/Test Engineer at Puppet Labs in Portland, OR
Do you have a passion for Open Source software? Interested in testing software used on all major Linux distributions? Would you like to see the results of your efforts improve large scale deployments at major players in the industry?
Puppet Labs is seeking a sharp, motivated, QA/Test Engineer with the desire and the chops to tackle testing a complex, distributed product stack with near exponential testing possibilities. As our QA/Test Engineer, you love breaking software in creative ways and digging in to discover root causality.
- 3 - 5 years experience testing in a Linux/Unix environment
- Solid scripting skills in Ruby, Perl, Python
- Worked in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience and excitement in working with engineering teams to deliver high-quality software.
- Experience with Open Source
- Experience testing in a continuous integration environment
- Demonstrated competence performing acceptance, component, capacity, and exploratory testing.
- Professional experience with revision control software (CVS, SVN, Git)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Displays a wide latitude for independent judgment
- Experience with CI tools such as Hudson/Jenkins
- Knowledge of development life cycle under an Agile model
- Experience writing, maintaining, and adding test cases to a test harness.
- Knowledge/experience Git version control
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs and how you feel your experience is a fit for the qualifications of this position.
Based in Portland, Oregon, we’re making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We’re an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide user base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult problems will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.