Strategic Account Manager, Publisher Services - CA at PubMatic in San Francis...
PubMatic’s One Platform technology powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the world's leading ad technology companies. Reach new heights professionally and personally by joining PubMatic's Strategic Account Management team. We are looking for team players who delight in their work and embrace innovation.
Responsibilities include delivering world-class customer service, partnering with clients to meet their digital monetization objectives, and working with PubMatic colleagues to manage the development of premium publisher accounts. Your role as a Strategic Account Manager is to be the face of PubMatic, to deeply engage the customer, and have the ability to demonstrate PubMatic value up and down the customer reporting chain. You are responsible for the entire publisher life cycle from on boarding to optimization. You are also comfortable and skilled at cross-selling and up-selling new PubMatic products and features. Strategic Account Managers know when to bring in specialists to educate the client, when to reach out to operations when appropriate, and has experience with trouble-shooting in ad technology-related areas.
- 3-7 years of media account management experience
- Experience exceeding expectations as a quota-based seller
- Familiar with RTB and the programatic landscape
- Knowledge of the agency world and how dollars move from buyers to sellers
- Understands industry usage of cookies, tagging, tag strategy, and optimization
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely proactive ad biased towards taking action
Desired Education / Experience
- 4 or more years in a client-facing service role
- 2 or more years in ad operations or ad network operations
- Strong knowledge of ad serving technology, ad networks and the online advertising industry in general
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership of client relationship to answer questions and resolve issues
- Flexible, startup mindset with proven success in fast-paced environments and ability to juggle multiple client deadlines
- Strong process, management and analytical skills
- Creative, independent problem solver
- Capacity to work with all teams, including sales, marketing, business development, product management and engineering
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets with working knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Strong academic credentials
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to client sites for strategic and quarterly business review meetings
Did you know?
Since our founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.