Sr. Network Engineer at PubMatic in San Francisco Bay Area, CA
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for all enterprise LAN / WAN network and Network Infrastructure design, engineering, network security and implementation across all datacenters. This position will be based out of our Redwood City headquarters but will require regular travel to COLO facility in Silicon Valley, Asia and Europe as necessary.
- Perform design, engineering, and installation of WAN across all sites
- Manage network performance improvements.
- Implement monitoring and report dashboard.
- Engineer and install future Pubmatic service data centers (domestic or International)
- Build / Rebuild network infrastructure from the ground up if deemed necessary
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, Firewalls, IPS, Antivirus, Malware, etc.)
- Manage Remote Access requirements for Pubmatic users and clients
- Perform all network hardware/software maintenance and monitoring
- Planning for organizational growth
- Proactive research of new tools and technologies
- Vendor Management
- B.S in Computer Science [MS in Computer Science preferred]
- 10+ years’ experience in datacenters Network infrastructure, monitoring, Network security, Network Architecture and Network Management.
- 5+ years in a SaaS/Cloud Data Center Environment is required.
- 5+ yrs of UNIX/Linux operating system.
- 2+ years of experience in a SaaS environment.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in systems monitoring administration/architecture UNIX/Linux is required.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and popular Internet services.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required.
- Fortune 500 and startup company experience
- Seasoned veteran of networking infrastructure – Cisco routers, switches, NetScalar load balancer & WAN
- Looking to own entire network infrastructure and global network
- Expectation to grow candidate into Network and Security Architect.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.