Software Engineer (Java/Hadoop) at PubMatic in Pune, India
Position: Software Engineer (Java/Hadoop)
Location: Pune, India
PubMatic is looking for Senior Engineer with experience in designing and implementing distributed highly scalable systems. As a member in Machine Learning team in Pubmatic, the engineer will be responsible for designing and developing key components and features to build a best in class Big Data software products using Hadoop eco-system (HDFS, Map/Reduce, Hive).
- Primary responsibilities will include the design, development, unit testing the applications for the development environment: Hadoop clusters, Unix/Linux Administration, process automation, etc.
- You will be contributing in enhancing/building up near real-time (low latency) infrastructure for reporting networking statistics and making decisions based on them.
- Candidates should have significant Hadoop experience (knowledge).
- In addition, he/she must be proficient in a wide-range of relational databases, operating systems and high-availability environments including MySQL, Unix, Linux.
- Strong Shell programming experience is also required for creating automation programs.
- Required B.Tech/BS/BE/M.Tech/MS/ME in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in software development with Java and Perl
- Experience/Understanding of Apache Hadoop and Map-Reduce architecture
- Expert Unix, Linux experience
- Strong Shell Scripting (Unix Shell, Perl)
- Experience of working over distributed system
- Solid practical knowledge of relational database technologies-MySql (normalization, denormalization, storage engines, data partitioning, indexes, query analysis and optimization)
Good to have skills:
- Knowledge/working experience over Peer-to-Peer module
- Knowledge/working experience over any No-SQL or Column-Store Database
- Working experience over socket programming(exposer of XML-RPC protocol in particular)
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Cash bonus at the end of the year based on performance
- Stock options
- Free meals and snacks in the office
- Medical insurance
PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia.
Some of the world’s most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, TV Guide, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
PubMatic is venture backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Helion Ventures.
Please contact jointeamindia [at] PubMatic [dot] com about this position