Reporting to the VP of Publisher Sales, the Regional Director, Publisher Sales is responsible for driving revenue growth via new publisher acquisition, client retention and upselling of current publisher customers. This position requires carrying a list of key accounts and prospects within territories necessitating senior-level account management and the responsibility of managing a small team of Account Executives. The Regional Director will focus the team on building long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with large traditional & online media companies, as well as other ComScore Top 500 digital publishers. This includes directing account management resources to support client success. The Regional Director, Publisher Sales is ultimately responsible for all territory revenue.
Successful candidates for this position will possess superior communication and sales skills that can be applied to both the sales process and internal communications. Other requirements include uncovering core objections and analyzing and providing creative solutions. Ideal candidates will possess the skills to lead, coach, and motivate Account Executives to become high performance sellers through the application of sales processes, training and mentorship. This role will also be responsible for guiding the personal and professional development of Account Executives, while enabling them to achieve their revenue targets and career growth objectives at PubMatic.
In order to succeed, the candidate will need to apply a combination of sales, management and strategic skills to quickly build and maintain relationships vertically across publisher organizations while earning the trust and respect of internal team members.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Overall satisfaction and revenue of territory publisher clients. Achieving and exceeding territory revenue goals, including managing a small team of Account Executives and deploying Account Management resources to support client successes.
* Hiring and managing within the sales, operations and resources functions to deliver profitable growth while developing and growing PubMatic’s market presence through consultative selling.
* Providing leadership to sales members through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
* Identifying key markets and opportunities for PubMatic in the region through territory planning, as well as building and managing a multi-state territory pipeline
* Leveraging communication skills to effectively articulate the PubMatic sales proposition in relation to prospects’ technical requirements and business needs.
* Building and maintaining product and industry knowledge, keeping abreast of product enhancements and latest industry trends, and providing market feedback to publisher sales management and other company functions.
* Managing and monitoring client needs and overall satisfaction. Recommending appropriate strategies, tactics and initiatives to enhance competitive positioning and increase revenues
* Supporting and completing all initiatives that reinforce a performance revenue culture in action, including sales and reporting processes, SFDC, detailed and accurate sales forecasting, strategic account and territory revenue planning
* Working closely with the marketing and services teams to establish successful channel and partner programs and client account management.
* Traveling for in-person meetings with customers and partners, as well as industry conferences and events, and in or out-of-town client entertainment to develop key relationships
* Reinforcing PubMatic’s mission statement and core values
* Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution is required with an advanced degree (MBA, equivalent) preferred
* 6+ years sales experience in comparable industries (working in/with Ad Operations for an online publisher or supply-side platform company with daily involvement/leadership in real-time-bidding exchanges and/or remnant monetization; in sales or account management for an online publisher, ad network or ad tech company) with 1+ years in a people management position.
* Team management experience required with demonstrated ability to develop sales talent
* Ability to plan and manage at the operational levels with demonstrated ability to be strategic
* Strong understanding of premium publisher landscape, monetization strategies, sales channel conflict management, brand safety concerns, internet display advertising technologies, industry trends, and ad technology basic functionality
* Strong set of existing relationships in Territory with large media companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level
* Strong problem-solving, analytical skills, business judgment
* Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, ad operations, audience trends, real time bidding, and ad technologies.
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
* Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
* Strong written, presenting, negotiating & oral communication skills
* Ability and desire to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
* High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment.
PubMatic is a global Ad Revenue Optimization company that provides premier online publishers with a full service solution to manage and monetize non-guaranteed ad inventory by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!