Product Manager, Mobile - New York at PubMatic in New York, NY
PubMatic is a global Ad Revenue Optimization company that provides premier online publishers with a full service solution to manage and monetize non-guaranteed ad inventory by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!
This position Reports directly to the GM of Mobile and requires close interaction with multiple business, technology and services teams outside of the mobile division as well as our premium publisher clients and will be part of a dynamic global product management team committed to building and growing PubMatic’s position as the leader in publisher ad revenue optimization.
- Define, develop and execute the product vision, roadmap and solutions for mobile product portfolio
- Validate product direction through effective interaction with customers and internal stakeholders in addition to analyzing market and product trends in the mobile space
- Proactively identify opportunities and make actionable recommendations to drive product effectiveness
- Create and maintain the mobile product backlog and prioritization
- Develop clear and compelling product requirements for new initiatives as well as existing product enhancements, including business justification, technical feasibility and operational impact
- Engage and work closely with engineering team in India to productize new features for PubMatic’s mobile ad optimization platform and provide guidance during development and testing
- Monitor progress of initiatives through the product development life cycle, identifying risks and opportunities and keeping stakeholders informed
- Work cross functionally with sales, services and marketing teams to coordinate testing, training and product rollout initiatives
- Evangelize PubMatic mobile product offerings within the company as well as to prospects and installed base and drive rapid adoption
Desired Experience / Education:
- 4 to 7 years of solid product management experience with 3+ years developing and launching products in the mobile advertising/technology space
- Strong understanding of mobile platforms and technologies
- Strong understanding of Digital Advertising
- Strong technical understanding is a requirement a Degree in engineering / computer science is a significant plus, with the ability to write, read and understand technical documentation.
- Proven ability to write clear and crisp product requirements documents
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with both technical and business teams and interact with clients to gather and validate requirements
- Experience managing simultaneous projects and demonstrated team leadership abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve problems and balance technical and business issues
- Demonstrated ability to work well with and earn the respect of product, engineering, marketing and other business teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven experience managing projects to successful completion
- Experience coordinating product rollout
- Prior experience working with offshore development teams is highly desired
- Ideal candidate will come from a mobile ad technology company such as an ad network or mobile mediation venture.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.