Inside Sales Associate - CA at PubMatic in Redwood City, CA
Reporting to the Director, Regional Publisher Sales, the Inside Sales Associate is responsible for prospecting, qualifying and transitioning digital publisher relationships within the United States and Canada. This position is critical to identifying valuable opportunities and building mutually beneficial partnerships with large traditional and online media companies across the United States and Canada.
Successful candidates for this position possess strong communication and presentation skills used to qualify, probe and uncover client business challenges by presenting the unique selling proposition and benefits of the PubMatic platform. Ideal candidates will work well within a performance revenue culture that includes strategic account planning, reporting, and accountability for an activity target and combining sales processes, sales skills, persistence and teamwork to help the team continually exceed revenue targets. The candidate must be able to work well within a team environment and as an individual contributor while leveraging company resources to ensure successful client acquisition.
- Partnering with the Regional Director, Publisher Sales to develop and execute against lead generation plans.
- Executing effective phone presentations and product demos to prospects and customers.
- Helping identify potential leads and quickly qualifying prospects in or out of funnel.
- Understanding the full suite of products and how to best position them to potential publishers.
- Effectively managing sales pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success.
- Conducting numerous prospect phone calls/meeting per week
- Exceeding quarterly sales quotas.
- Developing and executing on a strategic account plan.
- Collaborating with the Marketing & Sales teams to maintain and expand the database of prospects.
- Creating accurate forecasts and close business on time.
- Leveraging and consistently updating information into SalesForce.com
- Developing and maintaining industry expertise in the online advertising, advertising ecosystem & market research space.
- Reinforcing through words and actions, PubMatic’s mission statement and core values
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution is required with an advanced degree (MBA, equivalent) preferred
- 2+ years in Sales or Business Development role in the online advertising industry, with 3 years overall years work experience
- Knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies. Ideal candidate will have worked with an ad serving technology company (DoubleClick, Atlas), an ad network (ValueClick, 24/7 Real Media, Ad.com) and/or a large media company/publisher.
- Understanding of online publisher ad operations, ad networks, exchanges & real time bidding
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Strong written, oral and phone presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to learn, take charge and deliver results
- High energy, self-motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!