Director of Product Marketing and Platform Strategy - NY at PubMatic in New Y...
Director/Senior Product Marketing Manager, Mobile
Location: New York, NY or Redwood City, CA
PubMatic is looking for a Director/Senior Product Marketing Manager, Mobile responsible for driving scalable, successful go to markets of PubMatic’s Sell-Side Platform (SSP) – and its component product features – to grow the adoption of PubMatic’s SSP amongst premium publishers and demand partners. The Senior Manager of Product Marketing will work closely with Product Management, Sales, Engineering and the executive team on both the launch planning and hands-on go-to-market execution. His/her primary goals are (A) to drive the sales of PubMatic’s SSP to both existing and new publisher accounts and demand partners (B) to quantifiably increase PubMatic’s brand awareness and thought leadership in the Online Advertising ecosystem . The position reports to the Senior Director of Product Marketing.
- Develop and drive the Product Marketing strategy. This plan will cover market opportunity, strengths, weaknesses, and competitive intelligence which determine positioning, differentiators, key messages, and marketing mix.
- Become a recognized PubMatic and industry expert in the Online Advertising space, and act as spokesperson with the media, analysts, customers, prospects, and partners on products, emerging trends, solutions and best practices.
- Perform competitive analysis of PubMatic's SSP versus the competitors, and develop competitive briefs and playbooks for the sales and executive team.
- Support PubMatic sales in evaluating and responding to customer requirements, and communicating positioning and strategy. Drive and develop sales tools such as competitive briefs, positioning documents, sales presentations, demos and Q&A's. Support sales training, conferences, collateral (sales presentations, leave-behind one-pagers), and customer presentations.
- Work collaboratively with product management and development on product requirements, features and future roadmap.
- Drive and manage product launch and marketing campaigns. Communicate the business benefits and use cases for new features and enhancements to the PubMatic platform, to both Publisher customers/prospects and Demand Partners via in-person client meetings, business reviews, webinars, road shows, and the website.
- 4-year college degree required.
- 5 - 10 years of product marketing experience with 2 years experience in mobile.
- Successful track record marketing Online Media/Advertising products and services to large enterprise and mid-market companies required.
- Strong grasp of Online Advertising ecosystem – Supply-side (digital publishers) and/or Demand-side (brand advertisers, ad agencies, ad networks/exchanges) required.
- Industry/Vertical Marketing experience desired.
- Strong leadership, capable of establishing rapport and strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders (Executives, Sales, Services, etc) and managing by influence
- Excellent communication (both verbal/spoken and written) skills
- Strong positioning and business analysis, leveraging both primary and secondary research
- Excellent track record of performance against goals
High achiever and able to demonstrate a healthy balance between the strategic (authoring business cases, go-to-market planning) and tactical (roll-up your sleeves, “Get It Done” execution
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!