Big Data Architect at PubMatic in Redwood City, CA
Do you have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive to work in a start-up? Are you looking for a more entrepreneurial enviornment with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, high energy and enjoy a fast-paced environment?
As a Data Architect you will perform data analysis, data modeling and architect the next generation data platform for PubMatic. This position will require you to analyze data requirements and create logical and physical models and specification of the data. The data architect will build data storage mechanisms that can best serve the business and the product and will build layers of abstraction over the existing database to report the data in the most effective way.
You should have experience building and maintaining multi-tiered data-driven applications and working at all levels of the software stack: database schemas, Dimensional Data Models, MySQL data moves, summary and aggregate computations, ETL processes, reporting front-ends (PHP, HTML, APIs, MySQL).
Required skills are:
- Experience working with large data sets, Hadoop, MySQL
- Solid practical knowledge of database technologies such as normalization, de-normalization, storage engines, data partitioning, sharding, indexes, query analysis and optimization, dimensions, etc.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Aerospike/Citrusleaf, etc.
- Strong database development skills in the areas of SQL, stored procedures, views, and schemas
- Knowledge of ETL and ETL frameworks
- Experience in software development with strong software engineering skills (Java strongly recommended).
Nice to have:
- Experience interfacing with third-party data stores (such as Salesforce) via various APIs and API styles (SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Experience in SaaS based business intelligence software such as Metamarkets, Birst, Gooddata, etc.
Desired Experience / Education:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, or 5+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.).