Commercial Counsel at PubMatic in New York, NY
We are looking for a Commercial Counsel with extensive contract drafting and negotiation experience. This role will report to the General Counsel.
- Review, draft and negotiate various contracts, including customer, vendor and business development contracts.
- Negotiate contracts that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Advise business and finance colleagues on legal issues and risks.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form contracts and legal processes.
- Handle special projects upon request by senior management.
- JD from top law school
- Member of the New York bar
- Prior top-tier law firm experience (ideally in-house counsel experience but not required)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working with internet or technology companies (ideally ad tech companies but not required)
- Experience supporting business offices or segments outside the US, in particular the EU
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and close transactions efficiently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with employees across the globe
- Ability to understand the company's business and anticipate issues that could arise in various settings and give practical legal advice
- Strong work ethic
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.