Account Manager, Publisher Services - NY at PubMatic in New York, NY
Do you have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive to work in a start-up? Are you looking for a more entrepreneurial enviornment with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity? Do you have strong interpersonal skills, high energy and enjoy a fast-paced environment?
The Account Manager, Publisher Services role is responsible for day-to-day oversight of several publisher clients, managing the entire client life-cycle including pre-sales support, onboarding and ongoing account growth. Account Managers actively engage with clients to help them grow and manage their online advertising business using PubMatic’s platform. The successful candidate will work with cross-functional teams in Demand Management and Ad Operations to drive value for accounts using a strategic and consultative approach. This role reports to reports to the Regional Director of Publisher Services.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage and develop client relationships through the full life-cycle of the account — pre-sales support, onboarding, ongoing account management and monthly/quarterly business reviews.
- Serve as day-to-day contact with premium publisher clients to deliver value to the accounts through revenue lift, brand control and escalation management.
- Optimize, track and analyze performance using critical thinking and analysis to discover opportunities and resolve escalations.
- Apply ad technology expertise to building deeper client relationships.
- Maintain active dialogue with clients through weekly meetings and periodic client meetings .
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver results and meet account goals.
- 2 or more years in a client-facing service role.
- 1 or more years in ad operations or ad network operations .
- Strong knowledge of ad serving technology, ad networks and the online advertising industry in general.
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership of client relationship to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Flexible, startup mindset with proven success in fast-paced environments and ability to juggle multiple client deadlines.
- Strong process, management and analytical skills.
- Creative, independent problem solver.
- Capacity to work with all teams, including sales, marketing, business development, product management and engineering.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets with working knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Proficiency with Powerpoint, with a proven ability to convey data and analysis strategically to drive more business.
- Strong academic credentials; coursework in Statistics, Computer Science, and Business/Marketing preferred.
Location & Travel:
- NY, San Francisco (Redwood City).
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to client sites for strategic and quarterly business review meetings.
PubMatic is focused on serving the needs of publishers by providing an industry leading platform that allows publishers to maximize their revenue while simultaneously reducing complexity. PubMatic’s ad monetization and management solution combines impression-level ad auction technology, the most comprehensive brand protection tools, and enterprise ad operations support to give the Web’s premium publishers the most control over their revenue and brand.
PubMatic has seven offices around the world in the US, Europe, and Asia. Some of the world's most respected online publishers have chosen to work with PubMatic, including The Huffington Post, eBay, United Online, MSNBC, TV Guide and the majority of the comScore Top 10. Pubmatic is ventured backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Hellion Ventures.
We value innovation, creativity, customer service and integrity. We focus on results and having fun. We have a totally open door policy and encourage everyone to come up with and follow through on any “bright” ideas to push the company forward! We expect the best from our team so come to work charged and ready to dive in each day!