Systems Engineer at Popdust in New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust is looking for a systems engineer to join us as we build the internet’s best pop music experience and roll out exciting new features. As we build our next generation of social, publishing and commerce features, you will be the glue at the center of it. You’ll be hungry and you’ll own projects from the start, including building the most reliable, scalable, and high performance architecture possible to support our next-generation platform.
You’ll be more than our resident hacker – you’ll be our partner on building exciting, unique features for our growing site. Most importantly, you’ll play a central part in shaping our future.
- Desire to be a key team member on a "build fast, ship often,” high profile social-publishing project of national scope
- Minimum 3+ years experience building and maintaining system architectures for high traffic/high availability sites
- Familiarity with network security techniques, hardware/software firewalls, etc.
- Ability to optimize the Linux environment for the applications running on the server
- Ability to install and maintain any server software package and learn about the ones you’re not familiar with
- Experience with Nagios or a similar monitoring tool to maintain site reliability and growth so we know when to optimize and when to scale
- Willingness to be on 24x7 call when required
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Apache Solr
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary