Photo-Video Editor at Popdust in New York, NY
Leading music content site seeks a fulltime media editor to oversee our photo and video content. You must have experience liaisoning with major photo agencies, be able to conceive of, produce, and manage original video content, and be super-fluent in contemporary popular music and pop culture.
- Handling image requests from our writers and editors for daily posts and special features. (cropping, color-correction, and optimizing for web)
- Conceive and produce original photo slideshows
- Produce original video content both in-house and in coordination with freelance videographers.
- Secure shoot locations, coordinate with artist management, and acquire all necessary equipment for video productions.
- Publish and syndicate original video content through various hosts and partners
- Design video intros, promotional graphics, photo illustrations and special feature layouts
- Conduct in-depth and timely photo research for various assignments and features.
- Maintain and organize the image and video archives
- Establish rates and negotiate fees with photo agencies, freelancers and vendors
- Maintain a monthly budget, record and report all usages and insure timely payment
- Utilize SEO practices, maintain photo credits, and input artist tags and keywords for all photos and videoe list what you need the person to do here. Try to make these tasks sound as interesting as possible.
- Minimum 2 years experience in photo and video editing and a knowledge of pop music and culture
- Experience in working with photo agencies, videographers, illustrators and graphic designers
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop with skill in color-correcting, retouching and web optimization
- Ability to edit and export original videos in Final Cut Pro (experience with AfterEffects, Motion, and Soundtrack Pro a plus).
- Working knowledge of HTML, WordPress and working within a content management system
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work quickly to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Chance to join a fast-moving startup, with very competitve salaries and potential for stock options. Full medical, dental and vision benefits.