Editor at Popdust in New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust, the internet’s leading pop-music destination, is looking for a highly motivated writer/editor obsessed with music and social content to create smart, funny non-traditional web content–photo features, videos, lists–around the subject of contemporary pop music.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a breakout company at the center of music culture.
The ideal candidate closely follows the creative and personal lives of today’s pop stars—Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Rihanna—and possesses an innate knack for creating the kind of viral content devoured by young fans of such artists. You should be well-versed in traditional news and arts journalism, but prefer reading Buzzfeed over the New York Times. You should possess online editorial experience as well as a creative background.
You’ll not only conceive unique and exciting content – you’ll join a fast-growing startup and play a central part in shaping our editorial voice.
- Create social-friendly content that has a distinct editorial voice
- Composes traditional news articles and reviews
- Participate in our editorial team’s creative brainstorm sessions
- Conduct on-camera interviews with a wide array of artists
- Experience creating non-text-based web content—photo features, “supercut” videos, lists
- Experience composing breaking news stories and reviews
- A distinct, personable and friendly editorial voice
- Hyper knowledge of and enthusiasm for contemporary pop music – Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, etc.
- Passion for all forms of online media
- Detail-oriented and fast
- Photoshop/Final Cut Pro skills are a plus
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary