Structural Engineer at Polar Racking Inc in Toronto, ON, Canada
Polar Racking is looking to change the world, one solar panel at a time. As the market leader in solar mounting solutions in Canada, we are rapidly expanding our product line and entering new markets. We are on track to become one of the largest mounting solutions providers in the world. It’s an ambitious goal, so we need energetic, resourceful and talented people to help pave the way. Our firm is comprised entirely of young, talented professionals who want to shape the new energy paradigm for the next generation of Canadians. If you want to be a part of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing companies in renewable energy and you have the shoulders for us to stand on, tell us what sets you apart from the rest.
- Use the NBCC, OBC and proprietary engineering studies to develop ballast and anchoring plans for rooftop solar PV plants
- Engineer foundation supports for ground mounted solar PV plants
- Analyze structural characteristics of racking systems to verify strength and performance
- Conduct site assessments and field evaluations for clients
- Work cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure client's needs and internal deadlines are met
- Work with internal engineering team and external stakeholders including Professional Engineering firms , Customers and Vendors to solve design problems, submit plans and drawings for permits
- Perform other duties and undertake special projects as assigned by the Principals of the firm
- University degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- PEO License and member in good standing
- Familiarity with OBC, NBCC and other relevant codes Self motivated team player with demonstrated problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong proficiency in Autocad and Microsoft Office Tools, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision to produce a quality product in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate ideas clearly both with the written and spoken word.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment, working through issues and achieving resolution to challenging problems with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive, positive and pro-active in a stressful work environment, by prioritizing work and adapting to changing work demands.
- English language fluency - verbal and written required.