UI Designer at Quark Games in Cupertino, CA
- to create intuitive and awesome looking interfaces for epic mobile games
- to be a (if not THE) major contributor to the function and look/feel of the games we make
- practical art/design experience working in interactive media (web, games, apps, etc)
- expert skills in crafting intuitive user flows, wireframes and interactions
- ability to translate flow charts and wireframes into visually polished UI mockups
- strong communication skills: verbal, written and visual
- mastery of Photoshop
- strong passion for gaming in the social/online sphere
- work with our Creative Lead to expand upon existing flows or create new flows for key game features
- create polished production ready UI mock-ups using Photoshop
- collaborate with developers to ensure artwork is accurately represented in the game
- gather qualitative and quantitative user feedback to optimize existing UX designs
We believe in: quality, immersion, innovation, and epic experiences.
In over 4 years of mobile game development, Quark Games has released over 50 Top 25 applications and has over 50 million installs. Our flagship title, Valor, is an MMO strategy game that has one of the most loyal user bases in the Apple App Store. We’re funded, growing fast, and looking for driven people to take PlayMesh to the next level.
Quark Games has a laid back company culture including intense Magic tournaments, LoL, team push ups, and Friday frisbee. We’re obsessed with Starcraft 2, DotA, Halo, and Black Ops.