Sr QA at Quark Games in Cupertino, CA
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for game testing within the organization for a given project. This individual will also gather and analyze data in support of the QA organization, proposed projects, and studio requirements. This will include writing test plans and reports for tracking defects and fixes in product development, game development, internal documentation, and operations process and procedure. The Sr QA Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate QA standards through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in company initiatives.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential QA trouble areas within the project they are assigned.
- Analyze documentation and spec docs of new/existing IP in development to determine if its intended functionality meets quality standards.
- Measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for game development, feature integration, and corresponding documentation.
- Create and execute test plans where required, while keeping testers on task
- Ensure that testing activities meet QA requirements and studio goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with production/development in games testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and ad-hoc testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of in game functionality to developers and producers.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders’ and QA management.
- Test any new features/changes to ensure integration meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and general flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new/existing IP.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS in computer science, or business administration or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years experience in implementation of quality assurance standards for games testing.
- 1-2 years experience as a Sr QA/lead tester for top tier titles and/or major product release(s).
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Extensive experience with hard-core games, including RTS, MMO, MOBA. Mobile is a plus!
- Direct hands-on experience with bug tracking software, such as Jira or DevTrack
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent Mac skills
- Good leadership skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle various platform devices
About Quark Games
We believe in: quality, immersion, innovation, and epic experiences.
In 3 years of mobile game development, Quark Gameshas released over 50 Top 25 applications and has over 40 million installs. Our flagship title, Valor, is an MMO strategy game that has one of the most loyal user bases in the Apple App Store. We’re funded, growing fast, and looking for driven people to take Quark Games to the next level.
Quark Games has a laid back company culture including mini-basketball h-o-r-s-e, team push ups, and Friday frisbee. We’re obsessed with Starcraft 2, LoL, Halo, and Black Ops.