Sr Backend Infrastructure Developer at Quark Games in Cupertino, CA
The mobile gaming market is young, growing exponentially, and the potential is limitless. It presents a set of unique challenges as we deal with overcoming challenges to bring the richest user experience possible. We’re focused on building a brilliant team of truly driven people who want to come to work everyday and identify and solve as many problems they can wrap their brains around. We’re here to redefine hardcore games for the mobile platform and build games that span generations.
Your primary focus as Server Backend Infrastructure Engineer is to develop, maintain, and monitor the backend infrastructure of PlayMesh's games. You will be expected to build a highly reliable and scalable solution for our growing customer base.
- Design and develop backend infrastructure for MMO games
- Manage and maintain network monitoring systems
- Learn and implement new or updated technologies for existing and future projects
- Architect and implement scalable and high performance code
- Reinforce a culture of excellence and humility
- Take ownership of solving problems in technology, code, processes, and workflows to increase the team's productivity.
- Challenge people so they are constantly learning and growing in their careers
- Functional and imperative programming expertise (C, C++, Python, Erlang, Haskell)
- Working knowledge of network protocols using any client (TCP/IP, UDP, multicast, sockets)
- Experience with network performance profiling and tuning
- Strong background in client/server architecture, algorithms, and patterns (Client side prediction, lag compensation, and state interpolation)
- A relentless thirst for growth and learning
- Ability to apply best practices in the industry
- Ability to pick up unfamiliar technology and code bases with ease
- Passion for making high quality hardcore games (we’re not here to make throwaway games)
We believe in: quality, immersion, innovation, and epic experiences.
In 3 years of mobile game development, PlayMesh has released over 50 Top 25 applications and has over 35 million installs. Our flagship title, Valor, is an MMO strategy game that has one of the most loyal user bases in the Apple App Store. We’re funded, growing fast, and looking for driven people to take PlayMesh to the next level.
PlayMesh has a laid back company culture including mini-basketball h-o-r-s-e, team push ups, and Friday frisbee. We’re obsessed with Starcraft 2, DotA, Halo, and Black Ops.