Server Game Developer at Quark Games in Cupertino, CA
The mobile gaming market is young, growing exponentially, and the potential is limitless. It presents a set of unique challenges as we deal with overcoming challenges to bring the richest user experience possible. We’re focused on building a brilliant team of truly driven people who want to come to work everyday and identify and solve as many problems they can wrap their brains around. We’re here to redefine hardcore games for the mobile platform and build games that span generations.
Your primary focus as Server Engineer is the development of game features along with the maintenance of server uptime. You will need to combine skills in architecting and mathematical reasoning with an understanding of low level systems and APIs. You will be expected to strive for constant growth in researching and learning new technologies.
- Feature development and game optimization
- Monitor and maintain application uptime
- Learn and implement new or updated technologies for existing and future projects
- Architect and implement scalable and high performance code
- Reinforce a culture of excellence with humility
- Take ownership of solving problems in technology, code, processes, and workflows to increase the team's productivity.
- Challenge people so they are constantly learning and growing in their careers
- Strong software design and implementation skills
- Solid understanding of different programming languages (Haskell, Erlang, Ruby)
- Strong knowledge of command-line environments ('grep', 'ps', 'cat', 'less', 'emacs', 'vim', 'ssh', and 'awk')
- A relentless thirst for growth and learning
- Ability to apply best practices in the industry
- Ability to pick up unfamiliar technology and code bases with ease
- Passion for making high quality hardcore games (we’re not here to make throwaway games)
We believe in: quality, immersion, innovation, and epic experiences.
In over 4 years of mobile game development, Quark Games has released over 50 Top 25 applications and has over 50 million installs. Our flagship title, Valor, is an MMO strategy game that has one of the most loyal user bases in the Apple App Store. We’re funded, growing fast, and looking for driven people to take Quark Games to the next level.
Quark Games has a laid back company culture including mini-basketball h-o-r-s-e, team push ups, and Friday frisbee. We’re obsessed with Starcraft 2, LoL, Halo, and Black Ops.