iOS Game Developer at Quark Games in Cupertino, CA
The mobile gaming market is young, growing exponentially, and the potential is limitless. It presents a set of unique challenges as we deal with overcoming challenges to bring the richest user experience possible. We’re focused on building a brilliant team of truly driven people who want to come to work everyday and identify and solve as many problems they can wrap their brains around. We’re here to redefine hardcore games for the mobile platform and build games that span generations.
Your primary focus as a Client Developer is the development of interactive game systems from high level design to level implementation. You will need to combine skills in architecting, mathematical reasoning with an understanding of low level stystems and APIs. You'll be working closely with a designer to iteratively implement, refine, and polish new features. You will be expected to strive for constant growth and learning and in turn, train and mentor others to push the company forward. Hey, we're a small company, you're here to make impact, there's no point hiding.
- Collaborate with designers to create epic player experiences past what is deemed "possible"
- Architect and implement scalable and high performance code
- Coordinate with server engineers to design and integrate APIs
- Reinforce a culture of excellence and humility
- Take ownership of solving problems in technology, code, processes, and workflows to increase the team's productivity.
- Challenge people so they are constantly learning and growing in their careers
- Strong software design and implementation skills
- Attention to detail in respect to user experience designs
- Solid understanding of platform and the graphics rendering pipeline (OpenGL)
- A relentless thirst for growth and learning
- Ability to apply best practices in the industry
- Ability to pick up unfamiliar technology and code bases with ease
- Pluses include a deep knowledge of Objective C and Cocos2D
- Passion for making high quality hardcore games (we’re not here to make throwaway games)
We believe in: quality, immersion, innovation, and epic experiences.
In over 4 years of mobile game development, Quark Games has released over 50 Top 25 applications and has over 50 million installs. Our flagship title, Valor, is an MMO strategy game that has one of the most loyal user bases in the Apple App Store. We’re funded, growing fast, and looking for driven people to take Quark Games to the next level.
Quark Games has a laid back company culture including mini-basketball h-o-r-s-e, team push ups, and Friday frisbee. We’re obsessed with Starcraft 2, DotA, Halo, and Black Ops.