Senior Operations Engineer at PlayHaven in San Francisco, CA
PlayHaven is changing the way game developers manage their games. Backed by e.ventures, GGVC and Tandem Entrepreneurs, PlayHaven is fast-growing and offers a lifetime value maximization platform that mobile game developers can use to better acquire, understand, and intelligently engage and monetize their users.
You will work closely with our CTO, QA, and engineering teams to maintain and deploy our server infrastructure and ensure performance, uptime, and scalability. This position has an expectation of on-call time for unexpected off-hours outages. You can be based in either of our locations (San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR).
- Support and monitor production systems
- Key contributor to infrastructure capacity planning, based on needs and requirements
- Work closely with development and QA to improve supportability of serviceapplications where possible/needed.
- Develop tools or implement initiatives to improve uptime, maintainability,and robustness.
- Maintain related documentation (server, deployment, ops tooling, etc)
- Participate in Release Process
- Participate in production feedback cycle -- e.g. Be the advocate for production issues and follow resolution through QA and Engineering when appropriate.
- Continually refine processes for code deploys, server maintenance, automated failover
- Participate in on-call rotation as necessary
- 3 years or more experience in Operations Engineering / Systems Administration / DevOps / Software Development
- Linux System Administration (Centos / RHEL or Debian / Ubuntu systems)
- High performance web environment experience
- nginx, haproxy (or experience with similar)
- Chef (or experience with similar configuration management tool e.g. Puppet, cfengine)
- Experience working in a startup
- Python, Perl, Ruby, or other high-level scripting language
- Python WSGI frameworks (gunicorn, tornado, twisted, etc)
- Memcached, redis, or other temporary key-value stores
- Packaging (rpm, deb/dpkg)
- MySQL Administration
- SQL Schema design, query optimization
- Component performance analysis and profiling
- Layer3 networking, routing (ospf/bgp), related skills/troubleshooting experience
- Layer7 knowledge skills/troubleshooting (proxies, etc)
- DNS experience
- Free lunches every day and plenty of free snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Awesome company-paid medical, dental and vision benefits plus a 401(k)
- Epic ping pong and FIFA battles
- A transparent work environment
- A developer community that inspires and works with you to change mobile gaming