Technical Support Engineer at Platfora in San Mateo, CA
You love sharing technology and empowering customers with the capability to get the most out of their apps. And you want to work on the coolest, most ground-breaking technology out there. You belong at Platfora.
You are comfortable delving in and mastering new technologies and generally become a subject matter expert within a company. You like UNIX as well as great user interfaces.
But most importantly: You are fun to work with, a proud geek, and enjoy randomly intense conversations about espresso machines, distributed computing, and/or carbon bikes.
- Manage customer issues, resolving them directly or engaging internal resources to do so.
- Portray an accurate sense of urgency when interacting with customers.
- Drive problem resolution activities, including phone calls, status updates.
- Hunt down bugs, log descriptions, verify fixes, and coordinate delivery.
- Participate in deep-dive engagements with key power users.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers via your enthusiastic social engagement and technical depth.
- Maintain and expand the content of our online knowledge base; ensure that it’s a helpful resource to our user community.
- You’ve been working in an Enterprise technical support role for 3+ years
- Comfortable in Linux: Not a sysadmin, but you know your way around the shell.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a proactive issue tracker, documenting fastidiously as you go, and able to provide reporting at appropriate intervals to the team.
- Experience working cross-functionally with many internal groups.
- You must have a flexible schedule, which will include occasional on-call weekend coverage.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical, business end-users, and capable to translate their needs into technical requirements.
- Proven adaptability and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- BA or BS in a technical discipline.
You get bonus points for:
- Admin experience with Zendesk or similar ticketing system.
- Experience in online community development.
- Experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, AWS.
- Work in the Business Intelligence (BI) or Data Warehouse (DW) space
- Experience with On-premise software and deployments
- Onsite customer skills with a willingness to occasionally spend time at customer sites
- Experience supporting Web Applications (e.g, LAMP, J2EE)
Platfora brings business intelligence to a new level, giving business analysts the intuitive and richly interactive tools to explore and produce business insights from massive and rapidly evolving datasets. Whether a company has Gigabytes, Terabytes or Petabytes of data, our platform eliminates the need for traditional data warehouses, ETL tools and the legacy BI products of the past. We replace complexity and scaling pain with simplicity and beauty.
We have an ambitious, focused yet fun and caring work environment. You’ll be provided with great food and company. You’ll work with some amazingly technically adept people - what a chance to learn and grow your career!