Senior User Experience Designer at Platfora in San Mateo, CA
Here at Platfora and we are revolutionizing the way companies work with big data. We are building a product unlike anything that has been seen before and our designers are challenged to solve problems and invent solutions every working day. We are making big data useful, interactive, and beautiful for users and design is at the core of our ethos.
You are an amazing interaction designer and detailed user experience thinker who is proud of what you bring to the table. You believe that even the most complex data analysis can be explained though elegant visualizations. You enjoy working with a world-class design team, engineers, and product managers to develop your ideas into shipped product features. You thrive at at an early stage startup in a fun and open environment with co-workers who are unconstrained by the status quo.
- Design the user interaction model for new Platfora products, from scratch, in a collaborative environment
- Develop and iterate on low fidelity and high fidelity mockups, new information architectures, and some visual designs
- Research and conceive new and impactful ways to visualize data
- Prototype designs to develop, demonstrate, and test ideas
- Work with product managers and engineers to create customer-focused solutions to business objectives
- Manage the information architecture of the overall application and the workflows of specific features
- Analyze usability of existing or competitive products and features
- Advocate for users and develop opinions based on user testing
- 7+ years of experience
- A portfolio demonstrating a deep appreciation for simple, sleek, usable interfaces
- Exceptional creativity, passion for efficient workflows, and pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Mastery of tools for sketching, wireframing, designing, and prototyping
- Work well in a collaborative and open environment
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work on-location in San Mateo, CA
You Get Bonus Points For…
- A degree in human factors, human computer interaction, interaction design, information architecture, or a related field
- Experience with Business Intelligence or data visualization
- Mobile UX design experience
What You Can Expect
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only.