Senior UI/Visual Designer at Platfora in San Mateo, CA
Here at Platfora and we are revolutionizing the way companies work with big data. We are building a product unlike anything that has been seen before and our designers are challenged to solve problems and invent solutions every working day. We are making big data useful, interactive, and beautiful for users and design is at the core of our ethos.
You believe that aesthetics are essential to creating a usable interface. You would refuse a great job requiring you to work in a repellant interface, and you want to save the world from the same fate. You have a cutting-edge design sense and a history of applying it to unique user interfaces. You enjoy working with a world-class product design team to develop your ideas into shipped product features. You thrive at an early stage startup in a fun and open environment with co-workers who are unconstrained by the status quo.
You possess a clear passion for creating enchanting user experiences; beautiful visual graphics, a commitment to excellence, and an ability to see beyond immediate challenges, to what will be needed and wanted several years into the future. Also, you need to be tolerant of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex.
- Design the visual user interface standards for new Platfora products, from scratch, in a collaborative environment.
- Design, create and maintain graphic assets for our products. This includes icons, diagrams, product illustrations, as well as on-line help and tutorials.
- Perform a combination of visual and interaction design work, including low fidelity and pixel-perfect mockups.
- Become the expert on visual design impact on data visualization.
- Develop workflows for specific features.
- Work directly with the front-end engineers to ensure fidelity of the design standards across the application, including CSS.
- Work with product managers and engineers to create customer-focused solutions to business objectives.
- Analyze usability and design of existing or competitive products and features.
- Limited work with the marketing team on the corporate identity: collateral, website, etc.
- 7+ years of experience that’s given you strong visual design skills: layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, patterns and more.
- Exceptional creativity, passion for beautiful user interfaces, and pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- A portfolio demonstrating a the application of excellent design sense to varied user interfaces.
- Ability to work in a User-Centered Development environment, where all designs are iterated and improved by the team.
- Mastery of tools for designing, producing, and wireframing user interfaces.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and open environment.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Ability to work on-location in San Mateo, CA.
You Get Bonus Points For…
- Experience with Business Intelligence or data visualization.
- Mobile visual design experience.
- Experience building motion graphics and interactive prototypes to express dynamically design concepts and ideas.
What You Can Expect
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only.