Director of Marketing at Platfora in San Mateo, CA
Director of Marketing
Marketing modern enterprise software expects the audience to be self-service, 100% online, influenced by the social network, part of the user community, and skeptical of hype and hyperbole. However, traditional techniques are still effective, reaching the audience through trade shows and events, press and analysts influencers, promotional materials, and product collateral. We’re born from the New -- and our products are designed to serve and shape this world -- but the Old is not dead yet. This makes Marketing at Platfora dynamic, challenging, and always exciting.
Platfora is hiring the first member of our marketing team, the Director of Marketing, to oversee a broad scope of responsibilities for our rapidly emerging company. You will be directly responsible for revving up our marketing engine, performing all these functions personally. Over time, the team will grow to take over some of these duties.
- Web: Responsibility to make the Platfora website beautiful, useful and the ultimate statement of our brand
- Demand Generation: Ownership of the demand generation funnel, including marketing automation tool implementation and management. Management and promotion of webinars and regular communication to our current and potential customers through email newsletters
- Events: Identification and execution of events including trade show sponsorship and presence, and hosting events
- Social and Community: Shaping the conversation about Platfora using Twitter, Facebook, Quora, product forums, and any other place our audience gathers online
- PR and Communications: Oversight of the PR and communications initiatives for the company
Skills and Background
- Experienced: 9+ years experience, including at least two years managing 3-5 people
- Educated: BA degree in Marketing or equivalent related experience
- Technically Savvy: Must quickly get up to speed and learn a new industry and develop a deep understanding of the market, our solutions and our competition
- Analytical: Able to understand data, patterns and trends. Our business is about data; you must live by it.
- Creative: We’re in a highly competitive market and our messaging must cut through the noise.
- Good Eye for Design: We’re highly protective of our brand. You’ll enforce it.
- High Energy: Constant contribution and iterative delivery is how we work here. You should feel at home in that environment.
- Detail Oriented: You are the backstop.
What You Can Expect
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only.