Sales Engineer at Piston Cloud in San Francisco, CA
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc. is a software company founded in 2011 by several of the creators of OpenStack™.
Piston Cloud makes enterprise-grade cloud software for secure private cloud environments. Our core product, Piston Enterprise OS, is an easy, secure and open version of the OpenStack™ cloud platform, specifically focused on the needs of enterprise. Our goal is to help organizations solve their enterprise storage and compute problems, with the flexibility to adapt and build on a open and accessible codebase, while reserving the option of working with their choice of hardware and software providers for a distinct strategic and economic IT advantage.
We also act as a liaison between the businesses, academic communities and nonprofit and research organizations that deploy OpenStack, and the open source community that develops it. We help drive OpenStack™ forward via our code contributions, thought leadership through our role on the OpenStack™ Project Policy Board, and in support of the OpenStack developer community. We willingly share our expertise, leadership, guidance, vision and code with the community and other companies working to make OpenStack™ the industry standard in cloud.
We are headquartered 1/2 block from Bart, near Union Square in San Francisco. We love shuffling, pints from Magnolia's, coffee from Blue Bottle, and dressing fancy on Fridays. We wear hats. We proudly sponsor several local startup events, including OpenStack hack-a-thons every other Thursday, and we travel twice a year to the OpenStack™ conference. Check out our website at www.pistoncloud.com
The right candidate helps sales by identifying all technical issues of assigned opportunities and ensuring satisfaction through the entire sales process, and articulating technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external groups.
- Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Piston Enterprise OS private cloud software.
- Engage multiple decision makers including technical architects to drive the sales process.
- Post-sales support: Work with new customers to identify equipment requirements.
- Work with vendors, suppliers and distributors to ensure that customers take delivery of the right equipment and on schedule.
- Perform on-site installations, training and hand-off to the Piston customer care team.
- Others duties as-needed by a small, fast-growing company.
- 3-5 years of pre-sales support or sales engineering experience
- Background as a systems administrator or engineering a huge plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Comfortable mingling with geeks and suits... and geeks in suits
- No fear, no barriers, no excuses
- Unable to accept failure, but willing to lose a deal to learn
- You are like a shark. A shark with lasers
- We buy lunch for our employees every day
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Access to company-paid zipcar account
- Help with apartment searches
- Access to company-paid task rabbit account
- Same-day turnaround on expenses
- Lots of company activities, events & parties