Java Web Developer at Pipeline49 Technology Group, Inc. in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Located in the heart of Yaletown, Pipeline49 Technology Group, Inc. is a growing company that is looking for highly motivated and creative individuals to learn and grow with the company.
Our team members exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills, combined with exceptional time management skills; bearing high responsibility tasks with minimal effort. You will be integrated as a contributing member of a fun and flexible team, but also work independently on interesting and challenging projects. We are looking for a Java Web Developer who also has experience in many different areas of software development and adapts easily to new technology. The successful applicant will be working in a wide range of problem domains and every day will be a chance to learn something new.
- Designing, developing, and testing of a web-based back office system for managing online games and players.
- Designing, developing, and testing player facing web sites.
- Write clean, structured, object-oriented code with change and reuse in mind.
- Writing unit and functional tests to ensure the validity of all code.
- Ensuring that best-practices are followed and that code is optimized in order to ensure that the applications are operating as efficiently as possible under high load.
- Participating in the software development process from design to release.
- Experience writing client and server interfaces using XML/SOAP.
- Experience with use of relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) is preferred.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, quick learner with very strong technical aptitude and the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- A passion for gaming!
- Experience with PHP, C++, Flash/ActionScript3 and other languages.
- Experience with database administration.
- Experience with any of the following, Jquery, Stripes Framework, Spring, Hibernate, JSON, and REST.
- Experience developing mobile web applications.
We offer an excellent base salary and performance based bonus plan. Full time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits and package after three months.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.